Here’s a handy visual for quick reference. I’ve pinned it on Pinterest if you’d like to repin it so it’s easy to find.
One of the top questions I get asked — “How do I create better scrapbook pages on my own, without a template?”
Here are my top 10 design tips, techniques, & tricks to help you create more visually pleasing layouts. So your pages tell a better story, & you’re happier with the end result.
3. Visual Triangle. Focusing the viewer’s eye with an “invisible” triangle.
4. Works-Every-Time Layout. Generous margins. Large photo. Text and/or title beneath the photo. Done.
5. Contrast. Different sizes, colors, textures, shape, spaces — to draw interest & organize the information shared on your page.
6. Texture. A specific way to add contrast you your page.
7. Balance. Adjusting the “weight” of the pieces on your page — photos, papers, embellishments, colors, textures, etc. — so no one item detracts from the page design.
8. Alignment. A visual connection that creates order.
Pick one to learn this week. When you’ve mastered that concept, choose another. Over time, you’ll see how you can combine these tips too. Be sure to share your creations with me by posting a comment below.
Keep making memories & capturing moments!
P.S. For more great scrapbooking tips, freebies, & special offers, sign up for weekly updates.